You should know how to clean portable infrared sauna, if you owe and use one.
This is because your sauna will serve you for a longer time if you see to it that you clean it regularly, at least once in a week.
You have spent some good money acquiring your portable infrared sauna home spa, now shouldn’t you care for it so that you can enjoy your investment for a long time and of course your health in the long run?
So, if you are like me, then you will want to know how to clean portable infrared sauna.
Just to add, the use of sauna is gradually becoming a part of our every life, so learning how to clean portable infrared sauna may be worthwhile in the long run.
Tip: Read our detailed posts on:
- Relax Far Infrared Sauna, (one of the best portable medical grade infrared saunas with low EMF) and
- Infrared Sauna Portable Pros and cons
- Infrared Sauna Pros and Cons
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Clean Portable Infrared Sauna
- 2 How to Clean Portable Infrared Sauna Interior
- 3 Steps To Cleaning Your Portable Infrared Sauna Interior
- 4 How to Clean Your Portable Infrared Sauna Exterior
- 5 Cleaning Some Essential Components of Your Sauna
- 6 How To Use Water Vinegar Solution to Clean Your Sauna Floor
- 7 Other Tips On How To Clean Infrared Portable Sauna
- 8 Winding up
How to Clean Portable Infrared Sauna
There are no hard and fast rules on how to clean portable infrared sauna.
The first thing to do is to make up your mind to clean your sauna regularly; at least once in a week.
This is so because you use this thing almost every day and sweat on it too, so if you don’t want to have to deal with bacteria in your sauna, then you should clean it regularly.
So, whether it is just simple cleaning or you want to get sweat stains from your sauna, you can just simply follow the practical steps highlighted in this post.
Tip: Read our detailed post on:
- Best portable infrared sauna low EMF on the market.
How to Clean Portable Infrared Sauna Interior
The most important part of your portable infrared sauna is the interior; that’s where you sit to enjoy your sauna sessions.
The inside, will always have a folding chair, a heating foot pad and of course a zipper collar.
Now, all you need to clean the different components that make up the inside of your portable infrared sauna are:
1. A piece of cloth or towel
2. Warm water
3. Natural soap (gentle non-toxic soap), your kitchen soap.
4. Essential oils (this is not compulsory, but it can add desirable and adorable smell to the inside of your portable sauna)
Once you have the listed materials above, then you are ready to go.
But caution: please clean your portable sauna yourself, do it yourself. Or at least ask a matured adult who understands the use and investment of a sauna to help you do it.
Tip: Read our detailed review of:
- The all time best portable infrared sauna on the market
Steps To Cleaning Your Portable Infrared Sauna Interior
Here’s how to go about cleaning your portable infrared sauna:
1. Pour your warm water into a bowl or bucket
2. Pour some quantity of your non toxic soap into the warm water in the bowl
3. Mix together
4. Soak your towel inside the water, then squeeze off excess water and then
5. Simply wipe down the inside of your tent, the interior walls with the wet or damped towel from up to down.
6. Do this until you have completely touched all the corners and parts of your portable sauna.
When you are done cleaning, throw away that used water.
Cleaning with Essential Oil
7. Then again mix a drop of essential oils in another bowl of warm water and with your towel soaked in the water; (essential oil is highly concentrated, so all you need is just a drop in the water)
8. Repeat the process by squeezing the towel to reduce excess water and simply wipe from up to down the whole of the interior with the wet or damped towel.
This will leave off a pleasant smell in the inside of your portable sauna.
9. Do same for the portable folding chair, heated footpad and heater.
10. Do this at least once in a week and your portable infrared sauna will be in good shape and use for a long time.
Note: You may have to separately wash your sauna collar with washing machine or water.
And this is even made easy if your portable sauna comes with removable and re-washable collars like the Serenelife portable infrared home spa.
Tip: Read our detailed review of the best Portable Infrared Saunas on the market.
How to Clean Your Portable Infrared Sauna Exterior
You would notice that your sauna tent is made of waterproof vinyl fabric or nylon material.
This material can resist ultra violet ray, which is why the color of the material does not fade with use.
I supposed you must have noticed that with your sauna!
But how do you clean this material too?
Best Way To Clean Portable Sauna Exterior
Vinyl materials are best clean with a sponge or clean cloth or towel soaked in soapy water.
And note: soap must be mild and gentle.
This way, you can remove dirt, sweat, oils, drinks and whatever from the body surface of your portable sauna by simply wiping off with the damped towel soaked in soapy water.
For short, it is as simple as following the same steps and process listed above on how to clean the interior of your portable sauna.
Unless that you may not have to use essential oils on the exterior of your sauna. The choice is yours anyways.
Tip: Read our detailed review of the Ridgeyard Portable Infrared Sauna, the world’s best mini and travel friendly portable infrared sauna.
Cleaning Some Essential Components of Your Sauna
We have noted earlier that your portable infrared sauna comes with essential interior parts like foldable chair, heated footpad, and sometimes removable collar.
The way to clean these parts is the same as you would the very interior wall of your portable infrared sauna.
Note that you do need solution of water mixed with vinegar to clean the footpad; water and mild soap is good enough for cleaning these components, only that you have to pay special attention to these parts.
And as noted earlier, the collar can be machine washed.
Tip: Read our detailed review of the Durherm Portable Infrared Sauna, world’s number 1 ultra low EMF sauna on the market.
How To Use Water Vinegar Solution to Clean Your Sauna Floor
Now, it will be well for you to also clean the floor of your portable sauna if you have it set up in a stationary position in your house.
Here’s are the things you need to do this;
1. Pure white vinegar (this is readily available in your local store)
2. Clean water
3. A clean dry piece of cloth or towel
4. Spray bottle (this readily available in your local store)
5. Vacuum cleaner (you may already have a vacuum cleaner)
And here’s how to go about cleaning the floor:
1. Mix your vinegar with warm water (at least 3/4 pure vinegar and 1/4 natural pure water mixed together), then
2. Pour your solution into a spray bottle
3. Spray solution into the floor or floor area to be cleaned and then
4. Use vacuum cleaner to vacuum floor to remove dirt and stains (sweat and others).
5. Use your dry piece of cloth to wipe off the floor as though you were mopping the floor.
Do this regularly too as you would your portable sauna; weekly or so!
Other Tips On How To Clean Infrared Portable Sauna
To get it right and to keep the life of your portable sauna;
1. You must not clean it with bleach or chemicals, they are toxic.
2. You must use environmental friendly material to clean, just go with everything natural all the way.
3. As much as you can, clean your sauna all by yourself; do it yourself.
Tip: Read our detailed review of the Medical Grade Relax Far Infrared Sauna, portable sauna that helps counter the risk of EMF.
You have just been abreast with information on how to clean portable infrared sauna.
And you can see that the steps are very easy and straight forward, no hard and fast rules.
And the materials you need are also at your reach, you use them every day.
So, there’s just nothing here that will make you spend extra cash except for essential oil, that’s if you need one, but it is not compulsory you use essential oil in cleaning.
The point is, the life, longevity of your portable infrared sauna depends to a great degree on maintenance, so endeavor to clean always and regularly so you can continue to enjoy your best investment in your health so far.
Now that you know how to clean portable infrared sauna, why not go clean yours right away.
Stay clean and stay healthy.
All the best!