If you’re surfing the net for infrared heating pad pros and cons, then you’re on the right page.
By the way, the use of infrared heating pads – a natural drug free way to relief pain and to heal from other health related problems is gradually becoming the norm for many people.
And if you’re one of the very many persons that are beginning to look in the direction of far infrared heating pads for pain relief and cure, then we think you may want to know about infrared heating pad pros and cons before you finally and fully commit to it.
This is where we come in; we have put together in this post on infrared heating pad pros and cons, the most relevant up-to-date pros and cons of far infrared heating pads for you.
Table of Contents
What is Infrared Heating Pad?
Embedded with healing stones like Jade, Amethyst and Tourmaline crystal, the infrared heating pad is able to deliver curative radiant heat (far infrared heat and negative ions) about 6 inches deep into the body’s deep tissues and organs.
The result is improved blood circulation to pain areas of the body and consequent pain relief.
Plus, it also helps deliver the soothing calming effect of negative ions generated by the stones, resulting in deep sleep, stress, anxiety and depression relieve.
And all these with no side effect whatsoever.
- Read our detailed Review of Healthyline Infrared Heating Pad
- Read also our detailed review of the UTK Far Infrared Heating Pad
Infrared Heating Pad pros and cons
That said; let us now look more intently at infrared heating pad pros and cons.
Infrared Heating Pad Pros
1. FIR pads help to increase blood flow to pain areas of the body resulting in pain relief of all kinds in the short run and in the long run in most cases
2. Infrared heating pad soothes tissues and muscles
3. Helps to induce sweat, leading to detoxification
4. Is a drug free way to relief pain and other related health problems!
5. Delivers focused heat to pain areas or affected areas of the body
6. Helps to heal sore spots and connective tissues faster
7. FIR heating pads come in different sizes, shape and form; you can settle for one that resonates with you and that mostly fits the area to be treated.
8. Can be used as many as 3 times a day for up to 30 minutes per session (and it has no side effects)
9. Can be wrap around body parts; some are even designed to be used on specific body parts like neck and shoulders (infrared heating pad for neck and shoulders), for knee (fir heating pads for knee), for back and lower back, and full body heating.
10. They are travel friendly and can be taken with you anywhere in the world.
12. Some fir heating pads come with auto shut off for time and temperature so you don’t have to border yourself as to what will happen if you fall asleep during a session (fallen asleep during session is very common and normal). The unit will automatically turn off as long as you set the auto shut off.
13. Some have long and flexible cords that allow you to use it a great distance from your electrical sockets without the risk exposure to EMF.
14. Far Infrared Heating pads help with negative ions for deep sleep and calming effect on the mind.
15. Infrared heating pads use low power voltage – as low as 110-120 Volts
16. Can be plugin to electrical sockets though most of them do not generate heat through electricity
17. Can be wrapped around body part like shoulder and knee… while you are walking around going about your normal routine.
18. Designed with different unique healing stones like Jade (Jade Infrared Heating pad), Amethyst (Fir Amethyst infrared heating pad mat) and Tourmaline (Tourmaline infrared heating pad) for several therapeutic benefits like pain relief, insomnia and increased blood circulation
19. Far infrared heating pads are versatile with use: You can use them anywhere on the go; in the car while driving (place on your car seat and seat on it), in your office (place on your chair and sit on it), in your home – on the sofa, mattress, living room.
20. Comes embedded with healing stones like; Jade, Amethyst, Tourmaline and the Obsidian. These stones help with lots of health problems like insomnia, pain relief, depression, anxiety, detoxification and more.
21. Delivers far infrared heat to the body for improve circulation, pain relief, tension relief, muscle and joint pain relief.
Infrared Heating Pad Cons
2. Generally, FIR heating pads are designed to be laid on or sit on when in use. That way, you will be well relaxed during sessions.
3. Some infrared heating pads are somewhat bulky and heavy, comes in some great amount of pounds.
4. You may not be able to move around during session if your pad is a mat (you will have to lie on it)
5. Infrared heating pads take time to heat up (10 to 15 minutes) before use.
6. Unfortunately, some of these heating pads emit high levels of EMF that are dangerous to the human health. So be sure to look out for a low EMF infrared heating pad instead.
7. Infrared heating pads are bit pricey compare to regular electric heating pad, but they are good nonetheless.
Tip: Read our detailed review of Ovida Far Infrared Heating Pad
Who Should Not Use Infrared Heating Pad And Why!
If you have the following conditions, you don’t have to use infrared heating pads at least until you are free from the conditions.
2. Malignancy: People with malignant and cancerous growth should not use infrared heating pad. You may risk another health hazard
3. Medical implants of any kind: With medical devices implanted in your body –rods, pins, infrared heating pad may counter react. So don’t use.
4. Open wounds and acute injury: Infrared heating pads are not to be used on open wounds and severe injuries. It will not heal it.
5. Skin lesions: If you have abnormal structural change in any of your body part, please don’t use infrared heating pad. It will not cure it.
6. Diabetes: It is advisable that diabetic’s patient stay off the use of infrared heating pad. Chances are that you may get dehydrated since heating pads makes you to sweat.
7. Hemophiliacs: If you have issues with uncontrolled excessive bleeding, don’t use infrared heating pad. Your core temperature will increase, blood flow will increase and if for any reason you sustain wound or suffer bruises immediately, you may lose blood that much.
8. Implanted silicone or silicone prostheses: If you have a replacement for any part of your body, especially breast or buttock, you don’t have to use infrared heating pad.
Proven Health Benefits of Infrared Heating Pad
Continuing on this post on infrared heating pad pros and cons, you may want to know about the many health benefits that infrared heating pads offer.
Here are the proven ones:
2. Joints and muscle pain relief: Fir heating pads are great with joints and muscle pain relief.
3. Spasm relief: They also help relief spasm
4. Relaxation and sleep: Infrared heating pad help with insomnia.
5. Increase flexibility: FIR heating pad helps to increase flexibility in your joints and muscles
6. Increased blood circulation: Increase blood flow is in the heart of the use of infrared heating pad. It helps with increased supply of blood flow to pain areas of the body, that way the body endorphin is stimulated to heal itself.
7. Last but not the least, infrared heating pad help boost metabolism: Infrared heating pads can help boost your body metabolism and also help with mood.
Tip: Read our detailed review of Venture Heat Far Infrared Heating Pad
25 Ailments that Infrared Heating Pad can help with
This post on infrared heating pad pros and cons will not be completely complete if we don’t highlight cases and ailments that infrared heating pads can help you with.
- Leg pain
- Arthritis (rheumatoid)
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Muscles spasms
- Menstrual cramps
- Thigh injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Joint pains
- Calf injuries
- Lyme disease
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissues pains
- Minor strains and other conditions
- Anxiety and fatigue
- Hamstring tears
Now that you have abreast yourself with infrared heating pad pros and cons, we think it will be well for you to go test out one.
And as you can see, infrared heating pads have lot more of good than bad, so you stand to gain so much; pain relief, improved health, overall health and wellness and above all, value for your money.
Get yourself an infrared heating pad today and go sit back and see yourself heal from pain and other health related problems from your first and subsequent infrared therapy sessions.
And don’t forget to look out for a far infrared heating pad with low EMF. That way, you will never have to worry about the risk of health hazards that are the result of exposure to unsafe levels of EMF radiation.
Health is wealth!
All the best!